Where to get RAM in Germany?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by babahi, Jan 30, 2008.

1. babahi macrumors newbie

I checked out the other "where are you getting your RAM" thread, but nothing addresses Germany.

Any tips? I know nothing about the Mac community here and just ordered a new MP...

Any tips for something online or in Hamburg would be great!

2. phjo macrumors regular

I saw a reference to http://www.thomann.de somewhere... I have no idea how good/reliable they are but according to their website, they do sell ram for the new mac pro at reasonable prices.

phjo

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

4. schreck macrumors regular

We always like to recommend www.macsales.com, otherwise known as OWC. Their RAM does quite well, and I've used theirs in a few of my machines. Actually just received some for my Mac Pro today!

The biggest thing is that you'll have to pay IVA which is what.. 17%? Plus 20$ US (+/-13,50 euro)for shipping to Deutschland. Their deals are brilliant. I advise that you check the site out. I know that you asked for recommendations in Germany, but this works fantastically, and has for many people in the EU.

5. TFT macrumors member

Try Netherlands

I am waiting for it at

http://interngeheugen.com/

Kingston is listed at 124 for the 2Gb, Transcend at 201 for the 4Gb modules. Any other option is more expensive. They are not yet available, but it is not a problem at least in my case as I am waiting for a 8800 system.

6. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I've used thomann before got a Yamaha keyboard from them. Excellent service – emails answered quickly and packaging was top rate.

7. ntux macrumors member

I made several purchases at thomann (shipping to france), and they are great. Never had a problem with them. I even had an issue with a defective firewire soundcard (rme fireface 400), and they send ups to pick up the defective unit (for free) and send me a new one.

In fact I've just ordered 2x 1GB fbdimm 800mhz from them, since for me in France it's cheaper than owc (with VAT and international shipping) and also faster (shipping from germany to france).

8. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Did the same myself; 2 x 1GB sticks from thomann just now.

When I ordered the Keyboard it cost me €650 (including shipping and they threw in headphones, a seat and a 1GB memory pen drive) the same unit minus all the extras would have cost me €800 in Ireland. Yay for Thomann.

9. ceres macrumors regular

Hi,
    I usually get my RAM from dsp-memory.de
    I had a conversation with a technician there and he said that neither kingston nor micron are currently selling fully compatible 800mhz modules due to lack of components. The tech didn´t specify which components exactly but also stated that the supply currently out there consists of ddr 667 modules with reprogrammed timings and speed. Also, he stated the current early 08 MP identify themselves a Proto1 and definitely will need a firmware upgrade BEFORE major manufacturers such as Micron and Kingston release their 800mhz parts.

10. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

So there's a good chance the memory I've bought won't work?!

11. babahi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thomann really seems to have the best price, at 55 EUR per 1GB stick.

I'm new at the Mac stuff. Would it make more sense to buy 6 more 1GB stick and fill up each slot? Or should I get 1 or 2 pairs of the 2 GB stick? I only ask because I remember reading something about individual RAM channels, not that I know what that is...

12. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Any ideas where to buy RAM in Kazakhstan? (joking! - it's my problem, and I will deal with it)

I am trying to get some RAM here and having a few problems with finding it :)

13. macchrissli macrumors newbie

barefeats.com just tested the memory options for the new mac pro, there resumé is that the best thing to do is to buy 4 equal rams. the slowest config was, when you put 2x 2gb to the 2x1gb you got with your mac pro.

i'm going to wait till dsp-memory has tested and working ram 800 1gb modules for the mac pro and i will order 2 oder 4 of them depending on the price.

greets chrissli

14. babahi thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll be using my Mac for Logic with samplers and several software instruments. Will 8 GB (8 x 1GB) be enough?

15. ceres macrumors regular

Probably yes.

16. babahi thread starter macrumors newbie

I just spoke to DSP-memory on the phone and they claim that they will not offer the 1GB modules. Just as an info for the poster above who decided that he would wait until they offered 1GB modules.

17. AlexMaximus macrumors 6502

AlexMaximus

Your Apple Store in Hamburg ..

Hi

if you need RAM in Germany/Hamburg, check out this Apple Distributor in Hamburg, they have two stores in Hamburg:

Store 1:
    http://www.gravis.de/default.aspx?path=branches/storehamburg2/
    Store 2:
    http://www.gravis.de/default.aspx?path=branches/storehamburg1/

If you cant get the RAM you need there, you have the permission to beat them up for me....

Greetings,

in case you speak German you can tell them,

.... ze fix, habt's an Ram, i brachat oan fuer mei Aappl maschin.....

Servus und mochs guad....