Where to get replacement EMI foam?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fessen, Feb 27, 2016.

  1. fessen macrumors member

    May 4, 2011
    I want to replace some component material in a macbook pro. It's described in ifixit tutorials as "EMI foam," but I am not sure whether it might also be known under other names.

    There are two or three pieces of this stuff, all under 10 mm in size. I am not necessarily looking for Apple-branded material, if a generic supply will work. And if it's possible to buy a lower-priced roll or larger section that I can then cut to size, that would be preferable to paying $20+ for each individual piece already cut to size.

    Anyone know where to find this stuff (can you suggest website names, for example, or which sorts of local shops might carry it)?
  2. laurihoefs, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

    laurihoefs macrumors 6502a


    Mar 1, 2013
    Search for 'fabric-over-foam gasket', maybe you'll find an online seller.

    Edit: There seem to be a couple of sellers on eBay, found them with keywords 'emi gasket'.

Share This Page