Where to get something similar to this?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rondofan9, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Rondofan9 macrumors member

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/242/4/e/My_Mac_Setup_2_by_philipskillern.jpg

Changed to URL because the picture was HUGE!

Can anyone find a shelf like this. I searched all over google shopping results for:

Plastic Shelf
    Plastic Desk Shelf
    Acrylic Shelf
    Acrylic Desk Shelf
    Tall Acrylic Shelf

etc... for hours. I want a shelf like this, tall, see through. It would be perfect for me. Need somewhere for my turtle beach receiver, possibly my mac mini, ps3 controller(s), headphones, etc.

everywhere I look, it's one little shelf, or a organizer for pens and stuff, I can't find ANYTHING like this at all-_-

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

3. Rondofan9 thread starter macrumors member

At first I thought it was an actual apple shelf, I even asked about it a few weeks ago in the mac peripherals thread, couldn't tell if the shadow behind the apple sticker was really a shadow, or an indentation where the logo would pop out. Regardless, I just want to find a shelf like this, Like I said, I hate 25 things laying on my desk. Receiver, Controllers, External Hard Drives, etc.

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Too bad these are so tall, a smaller version of this would be nice.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/#/10011055

PS, I had done something similar a few years ago, using an IKEA desk lamp, it was frosted glass and square. I put an Apple sticker on it, painted the exterior black, then peeled the sticker off. Too bad it fell to its death...

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Can't believe how expensive acrylic is now! It used to be insanely cheap...

That said - couple more items that may pique your interest... Search for "Clear Display Case" or acrylic / plastic, ect... Likely more what you're looking for.

Attached Files:

6. Rondofan9 thread starter macrumors member

I once wanted a $150 desk from Ikea. Until I figured out the nearest one was 7 hours away and they wanted $350 to ship the desk -_- so $500 for a $150 desk lol! I'll check other sites though!