Where to get top case for 09 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KUguardgrl13, Feb 6, 2014.

1. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

This is for a friend of mine. He has a mid-2009 13" MBP (not sure of exact specs other than it's the midrange) that is in need of a top case. Taking it to the Apple Store is likely much too expensive, and the machine has some pretty extensive cosmetic damage from a drop (and probably internal as well, but I'm not sure exactly what).

Where can you buy a top case that will be trustworthy and not break the bank? Is it even worth it? Thanks!

2. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

If it's just cosmetic, have you considered putting a plastic shell on? Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/iBenzer-Rubbe...1758265&sr=8-2&keywords=macbook+pro+13"+shell

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out ebay, though I have no idea what the going market is for those things. If anyone has parts for MBP eBay does.

4. KUguardgrl13 thread starter macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

The laptop hasn't worked in two years, so it's probably more than cosmetic. But thanks for the suggestion.

As I said, it's my friends laptop. I'm guessing he finally got around to getting it looked at and they told him he needs a top case.

5. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

check ebay, i just bought a top case/keyboard for a mid 2012 13" for 120$, they usually around 150$.
    apple store in canada are 169$ plus 39$ labour plus tax.

6. aarongrooveremt macrumors newbie

To be honest i would check the apple store. I know they charge a million times more that it should be. But i had a couple incidents ordering off ebay, amazon saying it was for a certian model and it turned out not being that model...