Where to go over summer???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Giver '94, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

:confused: The question is pretty simple. I'm looking to do some international traveling over the summer and I'd love some opinions about where to go. I'm open to pretty much anywhere except I'd prefer to go somewhere where the exchange rate is favorable for the USD. Thanks in advance!

I know this is kind of open ended. I'm just looking for ideas. :)

2. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Not sure I'll be much help but I've always wanted to travel to Europe (especially France) and I would absolutely LOVE to go to Egypt. One place I have to visit before I die. :)

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

4. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Well when I'm not living at the Burj al Arab I'm in LA so I've actually already been. Good suggestion though. :D

If anyone's ever traveled to Tokyo, Hong Kong, or other major Asian cities I'd be interested in how your experience was because I think I'm leaning toward that direction.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well there are a lot of countries. Want to help us narrow it down?

South Africa.

6. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Egypt sounds interesting. :)

I really want to go to France too but I'm not sure about it right now just because of the exchange rate.

7. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I know absolutely nothing about South Africa other than its diamond history and it's removal of segregation in the early 90s. I've heard it's a nice place.

I guess if I narrow it down I'd go with either Japan, China, or Thailand in Asia and anywhere in the Middle East that's not a war zone. Dubai in the UAE would be my ultimate vacation.

I've also always wanted to go to the UK, specifically London.

Again I'm just kind of looking for ideas. :)

8. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

The rate is actually decent right now, as good as its been in a little while.

I recommend Prague and Budapest as nice cities if you're looking for somewhere in Europe with a favorable exchange rate. Do both of them on the same trip, maybe throw in a city in Austria and Germany depending on how long you are there for; that way you get a mix of the good and not so good exchange rates. I can vouch for both Berlin and Vienna being nice cities and all of them have cheap beer (sometimes cheaper than a bottle of water).

9. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Been to Tokyo twice. Lots to see and a great place to see right now what will likely appear in high tech next year in the US.

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Go to Switzerland, it is beautiful. Visit Mount Pilatus next to Lake Lucern, it is one of the most beautful sights I've seen. :)