Where to go to get an iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've been informed that AT&T is pushing back the launch data for walk ins, great! Now I'm not sure which store would be my best option for getting an iPhone as a walk in. Best buy or Radio Shack? Any advice? Does anyone know why my chances are of actually getting one? Thanks.

2. dhjapple89 macrumors member

Apple is the only place that will have a surplus quantity in stock on Thursday.

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im going to apple.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It looks like Apple is going to be the only store w/ walk-in stock... at least they are the only ones that have not announced they won't have walk-in stock.

BB -- Most stores are getting a handful that have been pre-sold, or not depending on various stores. Not worth trying.

ATT - said upfront no walk-in until the end of the month.

Walmart - most stores got in 4-5 which I'm sure are already sold to the manager's wives best friends. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Sure they are not allowed to do that. Sure.

Radio Shack - Stories vary here, but odds are they got less than BB or Walmart. I predict a lot of screaming on Thurs.

Also keep in mind a lot of people reserved iPhones AND preordered. When the preorder arrives the reservation will be canceled or not p/u. That will leave Apple stores will extra stock on Friday AM.

5. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Just called every local Best Buy expecting a small, tiny surplus. Nothing. Every single one claims they oversold their preorders and not to expect more for at least two weeks. What the hell? And AT&T pushing their launch data for walk ins too? I got rid of my phone expecting to have one by Thursday!

6. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Yep I'm done. No walk in stock at ATT/BB/RS haven't tried WM yet. :(

7. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'm calling WM now. Only store that I've not called. Radio Shack employees told me their waiting list reaches two months, geez.