Where to go when returning a new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ClammyHands, Nov 23, 2013.

1. ClammyHands macrumors newbie

Hi all,

This inquiry is littered with consumer illiteracy, just a disclaimer. I just bought a new MBP a little under two weeks ago. I've noticed a screen bubble growing underneath the protective plastic coating that covers the screen on the left side that borders the display. So, I've decided I want to take it in for a replacement before it actually impacts the display. Do I bring it back to the retailer where I bought it or to a Mac store for replacement?

2. Rich.Cohen macrumors regular

Why not make a telephone call to the retailer and ask them? Generally the retailer is the first place to go when returning any product. If they don't offer to replace it, then go to Apple.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you want to return it for a refund, you have to go through the retailer. If you just want it replaced, they might do it. Different retailers have different rules; most will only send it to Apple for repair.

Apple will NOT do a refund for a product you did not buy directly from them; they will repair it, but not refund it.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Better tell that to the Apple store I returned my defective 13" rMBP to. Purchased at Best Buy, refunded by Apple.

That said, Executive Relations was involved, but you can't say "never"

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Executive relations can move mountains when they want to...

But glad you were able to get the refund that Best Buy denied.