Where to live?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stridder44, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I'm moving to So. Cal. soon and want to know where most college kids are living. I just want to attend a J.C., have relatively low rent, and be able to be near a lot of people my age (21).

I'm also getting into acting, and would like to be near the major film studios (although I'm not sure if that's necessary or not....I don't know where auditions would be held...to be honest I'm not entirly sure how that all works).

:confused:

2. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Low rent and close to film studios is pretty tough to find. You might try college of the canyons in Valencia and find somewhere to live out there or in Santa Clarita, prices aren't terrible out there and its not too far from Hollywood and the studios. Other JCs in the area are Moorpark in Moorpark, and Santa Monica City College in Santa Monica, both of those places will be pretty expensive to rent in but aren't terribly far from the studios. Unfourtunately there might not be an abundance of college kids in Moorpark or Valencia, but out here you are so close to everything it won't be a problem to go hangout somewhere.