Where to now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shoot, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Shoot macrumors regular

Some suggestions for iPhoneOS 3.1:

- Ability to change app icons and titles like we would on a computer. this would be done by uploading the icons we want to say, mobileme and then download them via the iPhone. or via a WIFI access like many apps do. This would allow a reasonable amount of customisation without the issue of Apple OS security.

- Ability to turn off the 'auto-arrange' thing that icons do when you remove one and the rest slide into the missing place. simply having a grid where empty spaces are allowed is fine.

- A better 'filesystem'

thoughts?

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Yup, those sound nice. The iPhone really needs a UI overhaul - it looks rather dated. There need to be quick-toggles for wifi, BT, and Location Services accessible from the taskbar, and there needs to be a much better notification system. Not to mention lock screen info (missed calls, mail and messages) ...

3. Shoot thread starter macrumors regular

agreed. i might make a mockup if i get time

4. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I agree about a makeover. I banish youtube and and photos to the 2nd page because they look so tired.

5. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

An interesting way to implement a fast swap between wifi/3g being on and off might be something like a 1 finger swipe over the dock... just an idea. To turn another feature on/off could be 2 fingers up/down.

Just an interesting way to work with the touch screen and not add more buttons.

6. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

The only thing I'd really like is the ability for the app icons to change themselves.

For example, I hate that the weather icon is always sunny. Why couldn't they develop an API for developers to modify the icons, so, for example, if it's pouring the icon would change to rainy?