Where to order iSight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by huffy15, Aug 22, 2011.

1. huffy15 macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm looking to ordering an iSight for my MBP Late 08 because mine stops working after installing a second bay.

Do you know where I can get that part ?

I'd like to take the HD iSight from the latest MBP but I can't found it. I know that it's a common problem. Is there any cable I could hang during my 2nd bay install ?

PS : my bluetooth stop working at the same time.

Thank you !

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I've never seen the iSight part available separately. You can't even get into the screen assembly in the first place.

3. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

It's not as simple as just plugging a USB webcam and it works right away. The MBP from '08 are built for the iSight cameras from '08, so sadly there won't be any HD webcams available.

The replacement of the iSight and Bluetooth antenna requires the replacement of the entire display assembly. However, if you're really into it, here's the camera-only for the 15". It has NO INSTRUCTIONS and no parts for the 13" can be found. Beware, the 15" iSight and the 13" iSight are probably NOT cross-compatible.

I won't put the link to the display assembly here because from that point on it's just more sensible to buy a new computer.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid