Where to purchase a new Macbook Pro 13" keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nizmoz, Dec 22, 2010.

1. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Long story short...I was installing the ZAGG around my keyboard, and it's obviously sensitive to heat. A few keys warped. I need install a replacement and I will assume isn't too hard on this macbook. Where can I order a replacement and I hope that Apple won't notice it was replaced either so my Warranty is still good. Damn and I just got this laptop too. :(

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Actually this is a question. For me I don't need a whole keyboard, just a single key. Is that even possible?

3. nizmoz, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep actually it looks like you can buy a broken KEYB on Ebay and just replace the keys which I am going to try and do.

What key do you need? I just ordered a broken keyboard so I can replace the few keys I warped. If it isn't one of the keys you need, I can send you that one by normal mail if you want.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I sent you a PM. By the way, you are a wonderful person.

5. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

You are welcome. Look at the youtube videos on how to replace the macbook pro keyboard keys.....pretty easy. so you come familiar on how to do it.

6. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I will surely do that. It's probably pretty close to the same as the Apple Keyboard isn't it? I've already removed every single key and cleaned and put it back together before.

7. nizmoz, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010

nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

Uggg I am upset. I have no idea what revision of keyboard I have and it seems all the ones on ebay do not match. My keys are different than the ones on Ebay. See this link for pictures.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/15223265_TuAcq#1138941104_rG7CW

Can anyone tell me what revision I have? I need to replace these keys I took pictures of and the F1 key which I didn't get a pic of. The replacement keyboard I bought on ebay was for a 13" 2010 mid model and the keys do not match! :(

Well, not sure on yours, but these won't work on mine. Take a look at the picture I took of the FN, Control, Option see if that hinge mechanism. These are mine but the one I got are different. Are yours different? IF so I can take a picture of the one I received so we can see if yours matches. If so, I can just sell you this keyboard I got for $10 shipped if you want....what I paid.

8. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I am happy to say that Apple store has decided to replace my keyboard for free at no charge. They have sent it off. Woot! That is what I call great customer service. I was expecting to pay and even offered twice too. But nope. They said we will take care of you on this.