Where to purchase cheap Macbook battery (black)?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ronaldcastillo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

My battery cycle is 700+ and I think its time to replace the battery. I was wondering where can I purchase a brand new Apple branded battery for a cheap reliable price?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Finding a Apple one is going to be more expensive then a non-Apple one. eBay is probably your best option.

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Get one off eBay, just make sure you get a seller with good ratings with the batteries and you should be good, they all pretty much perform the same way.

4. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

I just replaced my battery for my 15" MBP the other day and Apple had them out of stock at every store I went to ~_~ so I was referred to a store called Mac Pro that was down the street from Apple's Retail store. This is located in San Jose, CA though so if your in the area or near.. then it's great. If not....
    here is their site http://www.mac-pro.com/

I bought my genuine apple battery for $87. Only thing was it was Scratched.... but was NEW. But it didn't come with the apple box.... it came in a seal plastic bag thing kind of like it was a refurb or something. But I bought it and put it into my MBP and it had 5 cycles on it... I'm guessing it's from factory testing. Overall I'm happy with my purchase :-D

5. dubels macrumors 6502

6. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I bought one from the bay a while ago. It was from from China though completely Apple branded. I paid it a very low price (maybe $50) compared to the Apple Store where it's overpriced.

Many folks here will say it's not original material, not reliable etc. For me the only risk was a short life time. And actually I have 120 cycles and still >80%.