Where to purchase current model iMac?

schmoopy.design

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Champaign, IL
Like most of you I've been waiting to purchase a new iMac until I saw what was coming down the pipe.

The new iMac has arrived. It looks cool. Aesthetics and engineering at its finest. However I don't care if my desktop computer is thin, and this may seem cavemanlike, but I still use my optical drive.

That said I want to purchase the current model iMac since I'm sure the price will be dropping and it will better meet my needs. Besides the refurb section in the Apple store is there someone else I should be looking that might have updated prices on the current models?

Cheers.

xplnusa

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2009
Idaho
X3... I usually buy mine from Best Buy... I'll be watching my local one to see if they do any price drops...

tWoSour

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
I'm still deciding what to do, might be in this boat too. I wonder what pricing will be like at Apple Stores

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
illini tech center down on green street has deals on stuff now and then. if you qualify for educational pricing, they can also help with that.

the best buy out on prospect has an apple rep that shows up most weekends, so they should have the new stuff in soon. they may clear the older stuff out at a discount, i don't know. at least there's hope for a sale/coupon due to the holidays, they've done that the last couple years anyway.

simplified computers on neil is also an Apple reseller. don't know if they can get refurb stuff or not, but they also have sale prices listed all the time on new stuff, might be worth a call.

best of luck with the search.

Last edited:

schmoopy.design

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Champaign, IL
illini tech center down on green street has deals on stuff now and then. if you qualify for educational pricing, they can also help with that.

the best buy out on prospect has an apple rep that shows up most weekends, so they should have the new stuff in soon. they may clear the older stuff out at a discount, i don't know. at least there's hope for a sale/coupon due to the holidays, they've done that the last couple years anyway.

simplified computers on neil is also an Apple reseller. don't know if they can get refurb stuff or not, but they also have sale prices listed all the time on new stuff, might be worth a call.

best of luck with the search.
Thanks for all the info!

houdinize

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
Any idea if the brick and mortar stores will have updated pricing (i.e., lower) on the current iMacs?
Just checked today and the base iMac is $1149 in the stores. So you save $150 on the 2011 iMac as we wait for the 2012 model to show up in stores. The same model refurb is $990.

schmoopy.design

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Champaign, IL
Just went right to the source and ordered a 27" 3.1 GHz i5. Picked it up over the weekend, put 32 GBs of RAM in it, transferred everything over, and now I'm running Adobe CS6 blazing fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.