Where to purchase macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mywhip, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mywhip macrumors newbie

I want a macbook, and i need to get one soon. My pc is on its last leg as it is (been around for 3 years now) and i want to get a macbook pro and just finance it, pay it off in 12 months. But i don't want to apply for another credit card (apples fault) and everywhere i go i have to apply for a credit card. Does anyone know if i can get a macbook and finance it for monthly payments through my own debit card? Thats about the only way i can get a macbook..

2. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

online store, also get educational discount if you're in school/college or have anything to do with either one

3. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

i dont think its possible to finance 12 months without using a credit card or some form of credit...

have you thought about a computer loan from a bank or credit union??

im assuming your a student? if so maybe a student loan..? just some ideas..
    but make sure you can pay it off in a reasonable amount of time...
    buying on credit is my last LAST resort...

4. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

you can't finance without a good credit, financing is samething as a credit card though you get a dedicated account from which you can't spend the money after putting the item in it and can only pay it off. I put my MBP on two credit cards :cool: yeah I love banks and paying APR lol keeps the economy going jk

5. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

well actually i have poor credit [not much history im young and havent had much of a chance to build it] and my bank [credit union actually] has a college student computer loan, you can get up to 1500$ from them with barely any history..
    i would do it but im trying to pay it all at once [stubborn]
    theyre a good union.. gave me a decent car loan with a 4.3% interest rate..with no cosigner :-O..at 19.. and NO credit history AT ALL

but anyways back on topic
    OP look into a student computerl loan program is probably your best bet [if you have no credit ;( ]

6. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

agreed, that's a good apr for a car loan as well, my credit score is 750 but I've been working on it since I was 18 (about to be 20 in like 25 days haha), got several cards, never missed any payments and so far everything is good, when I got my AT&T plan they didn't ask for any deposit where they usually ask for $200-500 down for those with bad credit.