Where to Purchase Student Software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by neoelectronaut, Feb 6, 2008.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

I plan on purchasing a new iMac within the next few months as soon as they're refreshed, so I'm going ahead and making a wish list of things I want/need to get with it.

One of these will be a copy of CS3 for the machine, and I'm currently deciding between Design Standard and Premium.

However, I've never purchased student software before and I was looking for a good starting place to start pricing stuff.

Suggestions, if you do not mind.

2. PipeDream macrumors newbie

You can find student software at the adobe website. I think the CS3 design standard is priced at $399 from the education store.

3. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I'd say check with your college bookstore first. AFAIK, most student software is pretty much the same across the board. If you come across something that seems too good to be true, it probably is.

4. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Your college store should have these instock, most do.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Many college bookstores have cheaper versions than are available online by doing a volume licensing setup where you simply buy a license and a copy of the install media instead of a boxed version. For example, CS3 Design Premium is $599 Education Pricing for the boxed copy, but the license/media pack is only $299. Half price ain't bad at all.

jW