Where to put growl contents?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sgt.Pepper, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Sgt.Pepper macrumors member

I've downloaded Growl and installed it. Do I keep all the package contents that came with it? such as
    Growl.mpkg
    Uninstall Growl
    get more styles
    Growl version History
    extra's folder

If I do need them where is the best location to keep them.
    If I only need some which ones do I keep?
    It I get rid of the unistaller, can AppCleaner sufficiently get rid of Growl?

2. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

There's only a reason to keep the Disk Image (.dmg) if you decide later on that you want to uninstall Growl or want to use some of the extras that come with Growl.

Or.. you can just download Growl once again and you will get the same Disk Image with the uninstaller and extras etc. I have a folder in my Home directory that is called Storage where I keep these Disk Images that have uninstallers in them because AppCleaner might remove the prefpane in System Preferences but I'm unsure if it will uninstall Growl completely.

Growl places various items in your ~/Library/Application Support/Growl folder. Or your /Library/Application Support/Growl, I guess depending on whether you installed Growl for your user or the whole system.

My advice is that you should keep the Disk Image (Growl.dmg) around, for a week or so, in your Downloads folder if you decide that Growl is just too much.

3. Sgt.Pepper thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I just made a storage folder like you described. Seems like a good this to have actually, for any other similar type files, etc that may arise, and I don' t quite know where to put them.