Where to rent a good carpet cleaner? Georgia

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by velocityg4, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Since I do not know any cleaning fanatic forums, and I am sure many of you here have floors that have needed to be cleaned. I am trying to find out where to rent a good carpet cleaning machine in the Atlanta, GA area if you are not in Georgia a nationwide rental company that has good carpet cleaners.

Anyways several years ago my father owned several Taylor Rental locations in California and one item he carried was a good wand type carpet cleaner not those garbage rug doctors in grocery stores. Anyways I am trying to find a place that rents them out and have had no luck with the search engine's.

Why do I want this type you might ask. Since the provide better suction, the wand is easier to maneuver than a bulky unit and it does a much better job on stairs and upholstery.

I cannot remember the brand name he carried but it is this kind of carpet cleaner. It is not the brand that matters to me just that the sprayer/extractor is attached via hose not an all in one.

carpet_cleaning.jpg

I am trying to avoid this type P.O.S. There are probably 10 stores within 3 miles of me that carry this rubbish.
    rental_machines.jpg

2. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Man, it's been some time since I've seen one. Last time we rented one, I believe we got it at Kroger or Walmart. I remember even before that, we rented them from Winn-Dixie. It was the the type you were talking about, a separate design. The more I think about it, I think we rented from Kroger. I could be wrong though. It could just be a local deal, as well. And I can't remember the brand name either. Sorry, I just woke up. :eek:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe we had a choice between the Rug Doctor and the Dirt Devil brands.

3. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Try home depoet or lowes maybe osh.

look in your yellow pages, under rentals for tools. Often those places that rent concrete saws and the likes, of other construction tools. Will have those bigger units.

I know my wife and I rented one of those big units. When we left our first apartment. We just wanted to be sure to get are deposit back. Worked like a charm.

4. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Personal recommendations, if its a house, have a contractor do it. They have truck mounted units that heat the water hotter than your Water heater can do it. It would be worth the cost. Average price, should be between $99 and $199 depending on square feet.

5. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check those places out. I just was not too confident with the rental yards. Since my father sold Taylor Rental to United Rentals they got rid of the good carpet cleaners and just had the cheap all in ones so I figured most other rental yards would be the same. Assuming United did not buy up all the ones in Georgia too.

I had thought of a carpet cleaning company but honestly I just can not get myself to pay someone to do something that I am capable of doing myself.

rpaloalto do you remember the specific store you went to?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I am closing this thread simply because it is three years old and seems to repeatedly be targeted by spam registrations for some reason. Please PM me or another mod/admin if you have concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.