Where to return 2 month old iPod that died?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by RevToTheRedline, Mar 1, 2008.

1. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

Got my dad an iPod Classic 80GB for Christmas. I have come to the conclusion after much testing that the HD has failed in it. I got it from Best Buy. I have the receipt still, do I return it there? Will they just give me a new one?

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

idk about bestbuy but you can always just go to an apple store or send it to apple.

3. RevToTheRedline thread starter macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

Apple store is over 2 hours away, bestbuy is 30 minutes away. I'd prefer if I could just bring it there.

4. reubs macrumors 68000

Might as well call Best Buy, and if you don't get the answer you want, ride to the Best Buy and confront them in person. The worst case scenario is that you have to call Apple about this. No matter what you deserve a product that works, so don't let them off the hook.

5. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Did you get the replacement warranty from Best Buy? They may or may not replace it provided who you talk to there.

However, Apple warranties iPods for a year, so it may be best to call them and let them know the situation. Worse case scenario is you'll have to mail the defective unit to Apple and they'll either repair or replace it.

6. RevToTheRedline thread starter macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

7. chris57 macrumors member

I bought my mini from Best Buy. A couple months after I bought it, the screen started going (which turns out was from a magnet being too close to it) and I called Apple. They just sent me a box, I sent the iPod to them, and a bit later I got a new iPod in the mail.

8. RevToTheRedline thread starter macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

Everything is taken care of, getting a replacement from Apple, contacted them today and they are sending the return packaging to send the iPod to them for a replacement unit.