Where To Sell A Guitar And Amp?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 103734, Mar 28, 2009.

1. 103734 Guest

Well I decided I was going to learn how to play a instrument this year for my new years resolution, and I was trying to decide between guitar and piano, I bought a guitar and a amp, and decided but I ended up learning how to play piano in my Music 100 class in college. So I decided I just want to buy a piano now that I already know how to read music and play some beginner pieces on piano.

Problem is I am having a hard time selling my guitar and AMP. I tried craigslist but I am not getting any responses.

The guitar is Ibanez RG120 and the amp is a Vox Valvetronix VT15, I am trying to sell each for $150 but I also said I would take offers yet I am not getting any responses.

Where would I have the best chance of selling this?

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

3. 103734 thread starter Guest

I am avoiding eBay because it will be a PITA shipping these, I never have heard of Kijji, I will look into that.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Most music stores like Guitar Center buy used equipment. Barring that, there's always pawn shops.

5. 103734 thread starter Guest

From what I hear guitar center really rips you off, if I have to I might end up doing that though :(, I did list on that kijji site.

6. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Post it for sale here in the Marketplace, there are several guitar players here.

It's not a problem to ship guitars and amps, I do it all the time and can give you some advice if you want it. Just add it into the price of the guitar.

You can also try http://thegearpage.net or Harmony Central.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

maybe reconsider you asking price and re-list cheaper on craigslist? People who buy used are often looking for a bargain and you may be asking too close to the "new" price

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Keep in mind they plan to re-sell it. It's not that they're ripping you off, it's sort of a "trade-in" price versus a "private party sale" price.

9. soldierblue macrumors 6502

+1 to Harmony-Central.com

I've sold guitars and amps to other members there several times.