iPad Pro Where to sell an iPad in the U.K.?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by steve23094, Aug 27, 2018.

1. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

I’ll be looking to sell my iPad Pro in a couple of months. I don’t think I want to ride the eBay roller coaster.

I want to arrange a meet and do a handover for cash. I see a lot of people from the States recommending particular websites that are good for this, but none of these exist in the U.K.

What are the best sites to use in the U.K.? Pretty much the only one of a decent size that I know of is Gumtree, but even the market there seems pretty small.

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

Facebook market place.

I’ve bought/sold Apple watches there and I bought a 2016 MacBook Pro.

You can choose to sell to someone local or further away and post it.

3. steve23094 thread starter macrumors 68020

steve23094

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not intending to create one.

4. KrisLord macrumors 68000

Some forums offer marketplace type posts. I think there’s one here and AVForums is pretty active too.

Prices on some sites are lower than you’d expect as buyers know you’re not paying eBay fees. The aim should be for buyers to pay less than they would on eBay whilst sellers come out with more than they would have after eBay fees.

5. ozaz, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018

ozaz macrumors 65816

I've never used them myself but Preloved and Shpock come to mind as ones to look into.

If you want to consider selling to a retailer instead of privately CeX and sellmymobile might be worth a look. You would get less than selling privately but would be less hassle.

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

7. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

8. oneway macrumors newbie

My opinion, there is a few good sites as mention by previews posts, all depends what you want, new or used, i like to by new but some times you can find good deals second hand, my advised, is to try the product first before to buy, i use this site, https://www.okoloo.co.uk/ good luck.

9. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Preloved, Shpock & Gumtree or the market place on MacR

10. oneway macrumors newbie

I agreed with you, if you looking more like second hand, like the site i mention above, but for brand new hardware i think apple store is the best...IPAD we talking. Mobile i just go with a contract, like https://www.vodafone.co.uk/ or https://www.o2.co.uk/

11. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Moonjumper

I bought my iPad Pro from Gumtree. I've noticed they tend to go quickly when they do appear. I live in a rural county where things such as Gumtree turn over slowly, so it is a sign of very high demand, things get sold even quicker in urban centres (A few years ago I advertised a MBP on Gumtree, didn't sell in a few weeks. I advertised it with Liverpool as the area when I was staying there for a while, sold it in 2 days at the asking price with lots of interest).

12. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Thought you asked where you could sell your used devices, so I mentioned those platforms

13. Nobbynobbs macrumors newbie

Nobbynobbs

In the UK CEX offers very good money for old tech: https://uk.webuy.com/

I have sold 2 iPads and several mobile phones and have been very happy with the amounts I received:)

14. steve23094 thread starter macrumors 68020

steve23094

You’re kidding? Their buy price for iPads are a joke.