Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
I’ll be looking to sell my iPad Pro in a couple of months. I don’t think I want to ride the eBay roller coaster.

I want to arrange a meet and do a handover for cash. I see a lot of people from the States recommending particular websites that are good for this, but none of these exist in the U.K.

What are the best sites to use in the U.K.? Pretty much the only one of a decent size that I know of is Gumtree, but even the market there seems pretty small.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
I’ll be looking to sell my iPad Pro in a couple of months. I don’t think I want to ride the eBay roller coaster.

I want to arrange a meet and do a handover for cash. I see a lot of people from the States recommending particular websites that are good for this, but none of these exist in the U.K.

What are the best sites to use in the U.K.? Pretty much the only one of a decent size that I know of is Gumtree, but even the market there seems pretty small.

Facebook market place.

I’ve bought/sold Apple watches there and I bought a 2016 MacBook Pro.

You can choose to sell to someone local or further away and post it.

Reactions: rbrian and profmjh

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Facebook market place.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not intending to create one.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Thanks so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not intending to create one.

Some forums offer marketplace type posts. I think there’s one here and AVForums is pretty active too.

Prices on some sites are lower than you’d expect as buyers know you’re not paying eBay fees. The aim should be for buyers to pay less than they would on eBay whilst sellers come out with more than they would have after eBay fees.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
I've never used them myself but Preloved and Shpock come to mind as ones to look into.

If you want to consider selling to a retailer instead of privately CeX and sellmymobile might be worth a look. You would get less than selling privately but would be less hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbrian

oneway

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2018
Facebook market place.

My opinion, there is a few good sites as mention by previews posts, all depends what you want, new or used, i like to by new but some times you can find good deals second hand, my advised, is to try the product first before to buy, i use this site, https://www.okoloo.co.uk/ good luck.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
I bought my iPad Pro from Gumtree. I've noticed they tend to go quickly when they do appear. I live in a rural county where things such as Gumtree turn over slowly, so it is a sign of very high demand, things get sold even quicker in urban centres (A few years ago I advertised a MBP on Gumtree, didn't sell in a few weeks. I advertised it with Liverpool as the area when I was staying there for a while, sold it in 2 days at the asking price with lots of interest).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.