where to sell dead MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luci216, Jul 21, 2011.

1. luci216 macrumors member

Hello,

I know that a lot of you are more experienced than me, so I was wondering if I could get some advice. I have a late 2009 unibody 13" MBP (the high-end version). Unfortunately, after a fatal liquid accident while I was vacuuming, the motherboard fried and it no longer works, and it's around $1200 to repair according to Apple.

Do you guys know of any sites and/or locations that would take my computer as it is? I don't want to sell it separately for parts just because I'm not very good at taking apart computers and I'm afraid I'll damage something. ... I've been trying to sell it on a forum in Brazil (where my parents live) since prices for Macs are so inflated here, but the largest offer I've gotten in $150 :/

Any suggestions are appreciated!

PS: If I took my dead computer to an Apple store, would they be able to effectively determine which parts are still usable?

2. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Take the $150. Be lucky you got anything, cause a laptop without a motherboard is the same thing as getting a new laptop.
    Here in the USA, if your laptop gets water damage and motherboard is fried, you get $0. Or sell the ram and hard drive.