Where to sell iPhone 5 Box

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jfoley89, Sep 17, 2014.

1. jfoley89 macrumors regular

So when i get a new device, all I take out of the box is the device itself, I leave everything else in the box for when I resell it. Im selling my iPh5 by itself as the seller doesn't need the box or anything inside it. Where would the best place to sell this box be and how much would one sell it for?

2. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

The only reason I could imagine somebody wanting your box is if they had a stolen phone. I may not have much of an imagination though. I would just give the box to the buyer, as it will help with its resale value if he ever decides to sell the device. Anyone who would actually pay for that box isn't going to be worth selling to, because it would probably be used to rip somebody else off.

The bottom line is that it is essentially worthless without the phone, so your buyer should probably take it. Otherwise, I would throw it away.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Sell it on Ebay. There is quite a demand for iPhone boxes. They are worth some money. Not a bundle if it is just the empty box. But people who have thrown away their original box and then decide to sell the iPhone later, realize they should have kept the box as it makes for safely shipping an iPhone that has been sold.

If you have everything left in the box, such as the lightning cable, headphones and such, it is worth even more. Check out the sold prices on Ebay and you will be quite surprised by what they get for one with everything in it except the phone. Some sell upwards to $30.

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

haha I gave a iPod box on here a couple months back got shipping + 2 bucks but was just going to throw it away. Be careful with ebay as some ******* might then come back being like WHY is there no iPHONE IN THIS !!!

Don't expect a ton especially with shipping + fees. I keep all my boxes as when I sell an item I get a premium for it because I have everything that comes with it new

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Yeah I know what you mean. When selling the box on Ebay you have to be really clear that you state it is the box only. Still have heard of people buying them even though it was clearly stated and still complain.

OP stated buyer clearly does not want the box, only the phone. I keep all Apple boxes. Like you said, worth a slight premium when selling the device, plus makes shipping easier.

6. qikaijile macrumors newbie

gerat,copy: realize they should have kept the box as it makes for safely shipping an iPhone that has been sold.[​IMG]

7. riyasin123 macrumors newbie