Where to Sell Macbook for Best Price/Refurb pro good?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by waynechriss, Oct 21, 2009.

1. waynechriss macrumors regular

Hi folks. i have the summer 09 white macbook 2.13GHz, 2GB Ram 160GB HD and my bro has the 13 in macbook pro and i'm so jealous. It didn't matter to me before until i held his laptop in my hands and i love his more. Better battery, better display, lighter and much more sturdy (i bring my computer everywhere and it feels like its going to creak and crack and get dirty).

My question is, where can i sell my computer for the best price? I can't afford to pay for the $1200 pro but i can get this refurb one. Also are refurbs from apple good quality? I don't want to get it only to get it ruined in some way. Please and thank u!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Ditto. Ebay. I prefer ebay over CL just because if something should happen, you're covered via PayPal. CL has too many scams. But that's just me...

ETA - The refurbs from Apple are of good quality. I asked a guy in the Apple store the same question and he said he gets all of his computers refurb'd. 9 times out of ten, they're buyer's remorse and not a thing wrong with them.

4. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

There's also something to be said about waiting a bit, since they just refreshed the macbooks, the macbook pros are due for a fresh soon.

5. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

With ebay there is more hassle involved with paypal to get your money.

With craigslist there is more hassle with the people. ebay, you don't need to worry about people showing up, or lowballing you.

Also, on ebay, every potential customer works together to bring the total price up. With craigslist, each potential customer works alone to bring the price down.