Where to sell my iPhone 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by php111, Jul 5, 2016.

1. php111 macrumors regular

Hey, where could I sell my iPhone 6S? I am getting a new one. There is nothing wrong with this phone. The reason for a new one is because this one is locked to Sprint and I recently switch to T-Mobile so T-Mobile is sending me an iPhone 6S.

I tried selling on both eBay & Amazon at retail which is $650 but no one has been buying it so I have been lowering the price and I have it at $500 right now.

2. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

No one is going to pay retail for a used iPhone. And If no one is bidding on it, it's because it's too high compared to the rest of the competition.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Even at $500 you will be lucky to sell it.

There is a "Market Place" in this forum.

4. MNR macrumors regular

The issues are :
    - overpriced
    - locked on Sprint

I would try to unlock it. (Either by sprint or third party) then sell it on craiglist. I would meet the potential buyer on a public place, police parking lot or a Starbucks. Hope this help.

5. BruceButtcheeks macrumors member

BruceButtcheeks

Sell on Swappa, see what other iPhones in comparable condition and storage have sold for recently and price accordingly. Also as mentioned previously, I would definitely try to get it unlocked as resale is better.

6. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I've always had good luck selling locally on Craigslist.

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I would suggest having Sprint unlock the iPhone. Once it's unlocked swap your T-Mobile SIM card into it and verify. If it's working then return the T-Mobile iPhone and save yourself the hassle of trying to sell the old iPhone.

8. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

He doesnt qualify. 6 month member and 250 posts.

9. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey, thanks! I seen all the replies and I have read them all. How do I unlock? Sprint will not unlock because it is not activate on their network anymore.

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I've never sold a phone but I might in the future and I'm itching to try "Orchard" https://www.getorchard.com/us/sell/

You probably don't get as much money as you would through other means since they take a cut, but it sounds super convenient, and the hassle is the main reason why I just give old electronics away or have them knocking around in a drawer rather than selling them.

11. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'd recommend selling the phone on Swappa. Typically Sprint phone's go for less than other network phones, because, well, Sprint sucks.

If you don't have any luck on Swappa, you can try Gazelle. However, you won't get nearly as much if you sell it to them.

12. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

How do I unlock? I was just maybe use it on T-mobile than. And Sprint will not unlock.

13. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

According to their unlock policy: https://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html

"For inactive devices, customers must contact Sprint Customer Care to request that their DSU-capable device be unlocked and may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Additional validation may be required to ensure eligibility."

I would try contacting Sprint as many times as it takes to get it unlocked.

EDIT: make sure you request that it's unlocked for domestic and international use.

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sounds like there might be an unpaid bill on the account used to get the iPhone. They want to be paid first, before they unlock. Sounds like the OP KNOWS that Sprint will not unlock it

15. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Is that right, php111? Is the phone fully paid for?

If it isn't, Sprint won't unlock it.

16. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

I just paid it. They will not unlock it anyway because Sprint Executive Services said that the phone has to active on their network for a minimum of 50 days and it has not.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 5, 2016 ---
    Which are other free ways to unlock the iPhone?

17. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

The XX number of days on their network also applies. Don't think they will unlock it though you can escalate this w/customer care and hope.

18. KillaMac Suspended

You will get the same money for it if its unlocked or not. Just sell it on Swappa.