where to sell my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by killerbee79, Aug 29, 2008.

1. killerbee79 macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a macbook pro that i would like to sell (as i want to get a 24in iMac) but am not sure where to sell my MBP.

I've searched the forum but have grown tired of reading hundreds of threads and finding no good info.

I know some people say ebay is the way, but I've never sold on ebay before, actually never done anything on ebay before. I've been told that they have a rating system and if you don't have good ratings you won't get a good price.

Maybe you could share your first ebay experiance. A good one for you??

I'm looking for suggestions not rude comments.

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Hello.

I would say ebay, however you sound like you may not have as much buying/selling history , so having zero feed back may not yeild great results on a computer (from my experience).

Craigslist may be ok for you. You'll have idiots that won't show up or will say they are interested and magically dissapear, but if your deal is hot, they will come.

I've sold on both and like eBay a little bit more. I've just sold 2 things this week and it took only a few minutes for each transaction.

Likewise I just purchased a 12" powerbook from a guy off of craigslist. Smooth transaction, took about 5 minutes to inspect in person, traded cash, and on our ways.