Where to sell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dammagededdie, Jul 3, 2012.

1. dammagededdie macrumors newbie

Is there anywhere on here, or anywhere on the internet period to sell my iMac beside ebay and craigslist? It's a relatively new iMac only bought in April, I think I'd prefer a macbook pro instead. Any help would be great!

2. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Well how about Amazon? Amazon is usually a little bit better than eBay, because they don't do money holds like paypal and you get the money put straight into your checking account. Plus the fees are practically nothing, but why do you not like Craigslist? The Craigslist killer was killing people from the relationship section not the technology section of the site lol. Either way though, you could do a Gazzale type thing where you send in your product then they pay you. Keep in mind that in most peoples situations companies that don't pay till you send it in will try to pay you significantly less than they quoted you. Why? Well most people won't want they're product shipped back to them.

If it helps, I sold a early 2009 model iMac 20 inch through eBay. It was simple and easy, all I did was list it, charge shipping (I charged $55 I believe) and take a few pictures. I got around $775 for it plus shipping, and I didn't even upgrade anything in or include accessories! I didn't have the original box either, instead I went to a local shipping shop (Half-Price Boxes) and purchased a massive box (24X36X12 I think) and some packaging peanuts and bubble wrap. It only cost me about $38 to ship via UPS and the materials was $9. So I made a pretty good profit. The whole transaction was smooth and problem free, the only thing forgot to mention, was I made sure to require signature and insure for $800.

3. dammagededdie thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh no, I do have it listed on Craigslist but I'm not getting many hits on it. I'm just surprised, I figured I would be getting more. I might try amazon. I've never sold anything on there before. Thanks!

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You asked also about selling on MR

Marketplace Rules

Doesn't look like the Marketplace is a viable option for you yet, so Craig's List and eBay look like your best choices for maximum exposure
    As mentioned above, Amazon is also a very attractive option