Where to sell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jatindrj, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jatindrj macrumors newbie

I have a 15 inch retina to sell. Model MC976. Its brand new and still sealed in the box. Where can I sell this and get the best deal? Ive listed it on Craigslist, ebay, and Amazon. Any other place I should look into?

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Those are usually the best places. I usually sell my stuff on craigslist just to avoid the shipping ordeal. But also as i consumer, I usually go to ebay or CL to buy stuff. Just bought my rMBP used from ebay a few weeks ago. So give it time, and it will sell (assuming you havent put it for some outrageous price) :p

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That sounds like the best bet unless you can sell in a forum. You can't sell here because you don't meet minimum qualifications (see the beloved rules). Why don't you just return it if it is sealed?

4. jatindrj thread starter macrumors newbie

What would be considered an outrageous price? And what are the qualifications to sell here?

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Stolen? :p

J/k j/k, probably got it as a gift, has no use for it, and probably no receipt. I'd do only CL, just meet in a public place and cash only.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Just click on the FAQ / Rules tab and you'll find out.

I don't know what an outrageous price is, but I become suspect when someone has a machine sealed in a box and doesn't just return it to the store.

7. jatindrj thread starter macrumors newbie

Not stolen haha. I bought it on clearance for half price and see that it's still being sold online much closer to its original price. Looking to turn a profit.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A clearance retina MBP? Half price. Hmm

Well, you have it listed on the right sites. Just sit tight.

9. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I just mean outragous in terms of "too close" to original price. But thinking about it, even putting it on for listing price isnt bad either. Just make sure you remind them that they would still be saving over $150 on taxes alone (as coompared to buying it from Apple).

Just note, the lower the price, the quicker the sell :D

10. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Half price? Dang, it ain't stolen but what a steal! lol

I would say check the exact model on Apple's website to get the full retail price. Then check the refurbs and see if there are any there and if so, what the price is. I would price it at the refurb price or slightly less, either way it will be profit.

11. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

If I had a stolen Macbook I'd say the same thing

Definitely stolen

Minus the half price thing, that blew it ;P

12. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Half price?! Yeah. The name of this thread shouldn't be "Where to sell?" but should instead be "Where to buy?" ;)

13. lagisibuk macrumors 6502