Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhodkin00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
I'm not from here and of course I didnt reserve it or pre-order!
So where do I go to get one? South park mall/best buy and when should I go?

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
I called two local Bestbuy and they have plenty. Northlake and Moresville Bestbuy stores, get on i77 North to Lake Norman or Moresville. since there are no ad from BB, you have better chance and shorter line.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I've always had great experiences with the last 3 iPhone launches at the Apple store in southpark. One thing that it has going for it over standalone Apple stores is that the mall doesn't open until 8am usually on Apple launch days, so you don't have to camp out. Actually Southpark security won't let you camp out and were hassling people at 7am for the 3GS launch. For the 3GS launch the only door that was opened early was the one in the underground lot next to the Tinder Box store.

Best Buy, you have to pick the right one. The Pineville one has an Apple store I believe. Not sure on the others.

I am getting mine shipped, but I may go witness the Apple store spectacle anyways, just for kicks.

dhodkin00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
No no internet access Im sending this with my mind.
There is one apple store, I was just wondering if anyone had been to it today to see A when they are opening and B if any of the best buys in town had them?

dhodkin00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
I've always had great experiences with the last 3 iPhone launches at the Apple store in southpark. One thing that it has going for it over standalone Apple stores is that the mall doesn't open until 8am usually on Apple launch days, so you don't have to camp out. Actually Southpark security won't let you camp out and were hassling people at 7am for the 3GS launch. For the 3GS launch the only door that was opened early was the one in the underground lot next to the Tinder Box store.

Best Buy, you have to pick the right one. The Pineville one has an Apple store I believe. Not sure on the others.

I am getting mine shipped, but I may go witness the Apple store spectacle anyways, just for kicks.

Thank you so much! I just didnt have any idea how things worked at the South Park mall, Im only here on vacation!
THANK YOU!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.