Where will my preorder ship to?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derickdub, Oct 10, 2011.

1. derickdub macrumors 6502

I'm new to all this as this is my first preorder, and don't know exactly to where my iPhone 4S is going to ship. I preordered mine as soon as the AT&T preorders came up, and it's expected to arrive on the 14th. I however have not been issued a tracking number and have no clue where it's going to ship to.

I always thought I was just "reserving" a phone at an AT&T store, but if this is the case why would I need a tracking number? Or will it arrive at my billing address?

Sorry if this was stated in the ordering process, I was tired during my order and just trying to get through it as fast as possible.

2. ThetaSigma macrumors regular

Uhh...check your details on the Apple site. There should be a shipping address. Which should, usually, be your home address. They won't ship it to the billing address, although I don't know what would happen if that was the only address. If you're not sure, phone Apple.

3. 2010RS macrumors 6502

it will arrive at the address you entered during checkout.

is this your first time on the internet?

4. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Well since you placed your order online it is going to ship to whatever your billing address is since there was no way of modifying that during pre-order.

5. derickdub thread starter macrumors 6502

Like I said, I was tired and just trying to get through the process as fast as possible. If I was asked for an address at any point I would have entered my home address, I just don't recall being asked for a shipping address.

The whole time I was ordering I was under the impression I was simply reserving a phone at the store that I could go in, pick up, and activate. I guess this however isn't the case.

AT&T seems to be pretty ****** at handling preorders compared to Apple. I've received 10 emails notifying me that my order has been processed. None of which giving any information about the shipment of my order. Next time I will just wait for the Apple store to come online.

And no 2010RS, this is my second time using the internet. The first time being when I preordered my 4S.