Where will the iPad go from here?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hypnoz, Jul 20, 2012.

1. hypnoz macrumors member

There really isn't too much they can do except very incremental upgrades for a few years.

The screen is amazing. It's extremely fast. The graphics are perfect for a device of its size. It's sufficiently thin.

I mean, yeah they could make it thinner, less weight, more storage, etc. But really... those things will only make small differences in user experience compared to the current gen.

Perhaps the first iteration of haptic feedback on an Apple device will occur on the ipad?? That would certainly be a leap forward, but aside from that it seems that it will be a plateau from here for a few years.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That remains to be seen
    There may be things we haven't thought of that others have

It is a great device now, and will only get better going forward
    There are new uses for it being found constantly and that could push towards new innovations as well

3. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I would imagine they will be focusing their efforts on iOS as opposed to any drastic physical changes. I can't really think of many myself.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

im holding out for time travel, and laser beams that will autodestruct Rosie O'Donnell

5. hypnoz thread starter macrumors member

No need for a laser beam for that, a simple fold out spoon will suffice.

Joking of course.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

hehe on topic though, i feel ya! i think haptic feedback displays might be the next big thing.

7. hypnoz thread starter macrumors member

Yeah agreed

----------

Yeah actually now that I think about it, perhaps a more accurate touch tracking system, that can also read smaller input devices (aka stylus pens) for increased artistic and note taking abilities.

8. Vespa Alex macrumors newbie

Well quite often it's easy to see where apple will go next - there's some obvious features missing from early versions (iPad camera for example) or new hardware on the market (intel processors for the Mac) - but I agree there aren't any obvious big changes for the iPad 4.

Storage, CPU, RAM and camera can all get a bump but they aren't headline features like the retina screen was. I'm sure I'll still be checking news sites every day once we get close though.

9. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

That is the one thing I've always missed from my old 2008 Samsung Behold phone. I absolutely loved the haptic feedback on it and I wish Apple would add it to their touchscreen devices.

10. -TYLER macrumors regular

To the point were it has no bezel, and the entire iPad is a screen would be nice. Then in settings you can have it changed so a certain portion (based on preference) of the boarder is black and doesn't respond touch.

Probably by iPad 8, or the new, new, new, new, new, new iPad.

11. Rodster macrumors 68040

Like this? :cool:

[​IMG]