Where would you sell accessories?

njgeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I'm unable to use the sale/trade forums here, but have some high-end headphones to sell. However, eBay makes me nervous and Craigslist is a pretty limited venue depending on what you're selling. Where would you recommend selling accessories which gives the seller a little bit of protection?

Thanks!

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
While I understand your caution with eBay and craigslist, I have to say that if you're smart about it, they work perfectly. They've been around for years because they work.

Otherwise, get to joining in on more conversations here at MR and gain access to that elusive Marketplace. :D

njgeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
While I understand your caution with eBay and craigslist, I have to say that if you're smart about it, they work perfectly. They've been around for years because they work.

Otherwise, get to joining in on more conversations here at MR and gain access to that elusive Marketplace. :D
Hehe, I have joined in on lots of conversations, but I only joined officially (non-lurker) in October. I'll have to see what my options are on eBay.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I find craigslist to be the best.

The only time I don't really use craigslist is if I'm selling something like a Desktop computer or other item that I'd likely need to bring you to my house to plug it in and show it works properly.

I don't trust ebay. Personally wouldn't sell anything of much value there.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
eBay is really, really hit and miss. It seems more and more common to bump into someone who is simply out to try and scam you out of paying you.

For accessories... I'd stick to craigslist imo :\

zman2100

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Florida
I sold 2 iPhone cases within the last month on Craigslist. Didn't really expect anything to happen but I sold them both within 5 days of putting them up. You'd be surprised, and since there are no fees on Craigslist, you don't have anything to lose by placing an ad.

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
How many post does it require before you can access the sale/trade marketplace on this forum?

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
There is nothing wrong with eBay...you just have to be smart.

Don't ship to foreign countries
ONLY accept Paypal
Require INSTANT payment
Always ship with delivery confirmation

zman2100

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Florida
There is nothing wrong with eBay...you just have to be smart.

Don't ship to foreign countries
ONLY accept Paypal
Require INSTANT payment
Always ship with delivery confirmation
+1 to this, although if you do delivery confirmation then that makes shipping internationally a lot less risky

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.