Where would you sell accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by njgeek, Nov 28, 2011.

1. njgeek macrumors regular

I'm unable to use the sale/trade forums here, but have some high-end headphones to sell. However, eBay makes me nervous and Craigslist is a pretty limited venue depending on what you're selling. Where would you recommend selling accessories which gives the seller a little bit of protection?

Thanks!

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

While I understand your caution with eBay and craigslist, I have to say that if you're smart about it, they work perfectly. They've been around for years because they work.

Otherwise, get to joining in on more conversations here at MR and gain access to that elusive Marketplace. :D

3. njgeek thread starter macrumors regular

Hehe, I have joined in on lots of conversations, but I only joined officially (non-lurker) in October. I'll have to see what my options are on eBay.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I find craigslist to be the best.

The only time I don't really use craigslist is if I'm selling something like a Desktop computer or other item that I'd likely need to bring you to my house to plug it in and show it works properly.

I don't trust ebay. Personally wouldn't sell anything of much value there.

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

eBay is really, really hit and miss. It seems more and more common to bump into someone who is simply out to try and scam you out of paying you.

For accessories... I'd stick to craigslist imo :\

6. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

I sold 2 iPhone cases within the last month on Craigslist. Didn't really expect anything to happen but I sold them both within 5 days of putting them up. You'd be surprised, and since there are no fees on Craigslist, you don't have anything to lose by placing an ad.

7. loyalist macrumors 6502

How many post does it require before you can access the sale/trade marketplace on this forum?

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

From the FAQ link at the top of the page you're currently reading:

9. solo118 macrumors 65816

10. njgeek thread starter macrumors regular

Same, except my good stuff will be 5 months older at that point. ;) I think I'll go Craigslist, thanks for the tips everyone.

11. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

There is nothing wrong with eBay...you just have to be smart.

Don't ship to foreign countries
    ONLY accept Paypal
    Require INSTANT payment
    Always ship with delivery confirmation

12. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

+1 to this, although if you do delivery confirmation then that makes shipping internationally a lot less risky