Where would you send your iPhone for evaluation and repairs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OhioLefty, Nov 21, 2010.

1. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I tried to do a screen fix (digitizer) on an iPhone 3G for a friend and ended up damaging the LCD (more fragile than I thought). :eek: The thing is, I'm not sure if I damaged anything else. I hate to order an LCD and then find out there is more to fix. What if the Home button got hosed when I was heating the area to remove the shattered digitizer glass? Total loss of confidence in my ability to fix this for a friend and in the interim, they are without an iPhone. I'm usually pretty good about this sort of thing and if it were my iPhone I would have the time and patience to replace a piece at a time if I had to until I fixed it. At this point, I want if fixed right and be done with it.

My question is this, where would you send your iPhone to have it evaluated and fixed. I need a reputable place that is also inexpensive because neither of us have a lot of extra cash this time of year. I would prefer a place that uses :apple: OEM parts for repairs.

Thanks in advance...

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Leo Laporte (Twit) likes iPhone Urgent Care (brokemyiphone.com) so they ought to be reputable. Not sure on pricing though.

3. OhioLefty thread starter macrumors regular

Thank for the reply. There is a name I haven't heard in a while. I used to watch TechTV every chance I got. I still see some of the old cast from time to time on G4.

I'll check out your recommendation. Thanks again.

4. sjam80 macrumors newbie

also it would depend on the OP location for a faster turn around time

5. OhioLefty thread starter macrumors regular

True, as my name implies I'm in Ohio.