Where'd all the iOS 5 features go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mousouchop, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I installed iOS 5 GM last night, and am a little confused now that I have had time to really explore it today. I remember reading some articles about all the features found in the betas, and I don't see everything here.

Where is the option to flash the LED for notifications?
    Where is the option to make your own vibration patterns? (I think I saw a video of this)
    Why the hell didn't they make notifications stay on the lock screen as long as they are in the notification center? (I believe this shortcoming was in the betas... but I was hoping they'd change it).

On a good note, text messages now vibrate twice fast, while all other notifications do one vibration... Also, the reminders app reminded me to go to the store on my way home from work today. And I love the notifications on the lockscreen when they ARE there. Wish at least the calendar events for the day would stay there.

2. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Where is the option to flash the LED for notifications?

Has not been part of any iOS5 beta so far

Where is the option to make your own vibration patterns? (I think I saw a video of this)

Has not been a part of any iOS5 beta so far

Why the hell didn't they make notifications stay on the lock screen as long as they are in the notification center? (I believe this shortcoming was in the betas... but I was hoping they'd change it).

I agree, its annoying that you can't access the notification screen when its locked.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Both are in the Accessibility settings and have been since the first iOS 5 beta.

4. mousouchop thread starter macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Really? I could have sworn I saw a thread on this forum with videos of these features... hmm. Maybe I was high. haha.

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I thought they were in the Accessibility settings?

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

You still might of been high:rolleyes:.. But the features DO exist. I don't know what the other dude was smoking.

7. mousouchop thread starter macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Thank you so much!

Must have been better stuff than what I had... :cool:

8. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about, sorry.

AM