Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
New York
I installed iOS 5 GM last night, and am a little confused now that I have had time to really explore it today. I remember reading some articles about all the features found in the betas, and I don't see everything here.

Where is the option to flash the LED for notifications?
Where is the option to make your own vibration patterns? (I think I saw a video of this)
Why the hell didn't they make notifications stay on the lock screen as long as they are in the notification center? (I believe this shortcoming was in the betas... but I was hoping they'd change it).

On a good note, text messages now vibrate twice fast, while all other notifications do one vibration... Also, the reminders app reminded me to go to the store on my way home from work today. And I love the notifications on the lockscreen when they ARE there. Wish at least the calendar events for the day would stay there.

ashman70

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2010

Has not been part of any iOS5 beta so far

Where is the option to make your own vibration patterns? (I think I saw a video of this)

Has not been a part of any iOS5 beta so far

Why the hell didn't they make notifications stay on the lock screen as long as they are in the notification center? (I believe this shortcoming was in the betas... but I was hoping they'd change it).

I agree, its annoying that you can't access the notification screen when its locked.

I installed iOS 5 GM last night, and am a little confused now that I have had time to really explore it today. I remember reading some articles about all the features found in the betas, and I don't see everything here.

On a good note, text messages now vibrate twice fast, while all other notifications do one vibration... Also, the reminders app reminded me to go to the store on my way home from work today. And I love the notifications on the lockscreen when they ARE there. Wish at least the calendar events for the day would stay there.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside

Both are in the Accessibility settings and have been since the first iOS 5 beta.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus

Has not been part of any iOS5 beta so far

Has not been a part of any iOS5 beta so far

I thought they were in the Accessibility settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.