Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alec

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Washington DC
Ok, first question is short and probably has a simple answer. The light does not go on for my Caps Lock anymore on my MacBook. It works fine for num lock however. Is there something I did or something I need to fix?

Second question (and this includes a rant) -- is what is going on with MacBooks! It seems everyone is coming out of the wood work to state they are having problems with random shutdowns or problems booting up. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these occurances, which is whats most problematic. I'm currently experiencing problems with the inability to boot up unless I reset the PRAM, but thankfully none with random shutdowns. I never had ANY significant problems before a few days ago, and I am in my 3rd month of ownership.

Do you guys believe it's time to go back to the Apple Store and ask for a refund? Keep it and hope that subsequent updates help the stability of these computers? I've loved my computer and Apple... but I don't want to get stuck with something that may be a lemon in a few weeks.

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
My suggestion would be to swap it in for another MacBook, and if that one fails then ask for a refund. My MacBook Pro hasn't had any of these problems so I think Apple has just jumped the gun a bit too much launching the new range of Intel Macs

alec

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Washington DC
Yah, exactly -- I guess the most vocal people aren't going to be the ones who are not having problems. But I was one of those people for almost three months and then here we go! I guess it is a Rev. A, so problems should be expected. But regardless, I have very high standards when it comes to my Macs...

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i have not had any of these problems with my MBP. perhaps the MBPs are more similar to the PowerBooks than the MBs are to the iBooks; therefore, Apple might have a better idea of how to make the MBPs less susceptible to breaking (just a thought).

as for the caps lock, maybe a wire is loose somewhere or maybe the little light is just burnt out. take it to the genius bar and have them fix it.

iAppleseed

macrumors regular
May 11, 2011
Wait -- There's a num lock on the MacBook Pro? Really? I can't see it! Probably on the 17 " Models. I'll look at them on the Apple Stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.