Where's a good place for hackintosh support?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by one1, Dec 30, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I just got this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fujitsu-LifeBoo...goryZ177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have tiger loaded on it, but no wifi.... need some support getting the wifi working. The plan is to have a touchscreen tablet on OSX. I don't use windows, I won't use windows.

If I can get this little wifi issue working, this will be the best little toy since I bought my white 3G or my aluminum iMac. Both of which I absolutely love, but ...... a touchscreen tablet convertible netbook on osx? That would ace them in the cool toys category. This thing is VERY tiny.

So if anyone knows where I could get some support from a large forum (not a crawling crevice of the internet) so I could actually get some help, I'd be most grateful. :)

~TIA! :)

Nice little twisting screen that flips around to covert into a touch tablet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. MST macrumors 6502

MST

4. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope, they don't have any activity in the osx86 forums. They hack macs, not PC's running macs.

5. MST macrumors 6502

MST

Oh well, what else can I say...I tried :eek:

Good luck with your project BTW it looks very interesting, have you thought about starting a thread for it to keep us posted on your progress at all?

6. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

You did try, and thank you :) Once I get it running I'll inform the rest that it works :)

If Apple won't give me a netbook or tablet, I'll make one :D

EDIT: I love this picture.

[​IMG]

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

1) I'm pretty sure that the touch-screen won't work under OS-X
    2) What wi-fi card does it have?

8. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

OP please keep this thread updated with your progress. This project is of great interest. Good luck!

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Fujitsu LifeBook U810 Mini-Notebook - A110 800 MHz - Ultra Mobile 2007 - RAM 1 GB - HDD 60 GB - cellular mdm ( HSUPA ) - WLAN : 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 - TPM - fingerprint reader - Vista Business - 5.6" Widescreen TFT 1024 x 600 ( WSVGA ) Crystal

The 800MHz v. MBA 1.8GHz

The 802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth 2.0 v. MBA 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology

I'm just a bit spoiled, but I'm not willing to give up speed and connectivity, but that's just me...:(

10. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fujitsu makes a competitive ultra light to run against the MBA, you're comparing a laptop to a PDA, in essence. Not quite even playing ground. ;) This will slide out my of my jacket pocket at dinner. :D Even the playing ground and compare this to an iPhone which is based on PDA type standards. The lifebook runs on a mobile OS from the factory.

11. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

To the folks that were interested, I've determined that to run WIFI I have to upgrade to Leo. This is not a problem since I have the software, but as I dug deeper into the hackintosh community I found you really have to be an IBM style computer junkie to know it inside and out, as well you need to have a lot of windows knowledge. I've been a Mac enthusiast for so long I couldn't bare the though of spending weeks to dig that deep into an IBM style machine and learn that much about them and windows. It's just not in my interest.

I've decided to pop the restore CD in this thing and put it back on Vista. Since I bought it just for this project, I doubt I'll keep it and since it is worth more than a MacBook and many people need an ultra portable it should be pretty easy to pick up a MacBook in one of the revisions in trade so after I completely decide to keep it or toss it, it might show up in the classifieds for trade.

Someone else can spend the effort doing the hackintosh to Leo and have a nice ultra portable mac or they can use it for business on Vista as it was intended. I know lot's of people need this platform more than I do. This was just a toy for me. Anyway, I'll decide soon what to do with it after I play around with Vista for a day or two. Just wanted to update since there were people asking about the project. :)