wheres all the preferences in google chrome beta browser?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jayd, Dec 15, 2009.

1. jayd macrumors member

the preferences barely have any options to do anything? i wanna make the size of the letters bigger and have it as a default but i cant figure out how to do it. when i click zoom in it makes it bigger but as soon as i go to a different page it switches back to normal. anyone know if it can be done? im also trying to organize bookmarks and have a google toolbar at the top right of the browser like safari has. i dont even see a popup blocker. what gives? are these things possible to do with this browser? thanks in advance

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The feature set is still limited, hence beta. The zoom setting is per site, the way I like it personally.

3. elitesouth macrumors member

elitesouth

They appear to be "under the hood."

It's cool to see Chrome on the Mac - but not worth switching from Firefox... yet.

4. jayd thread starter macrumors member

damn! i cant wait till the final version comes out. chrome is lightning fast. no other browser is even close. googles doin there thing right now. does anyone know when the final version comes out?

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, the tests show Safari is faster on the Mac.

It's a great browser on Windows and I've been using the developer preview builds on the Mac since about June - they're OK but until the rest of the features are activated it'll stay in my list of browsers to fiddle around with every now and then along with Camino 2 and Firefox.

6. jayd thread starter macrumors member

i personaly tested it on my computer and chrome is faster. safari is a tiny bit slower and it crashes alot. the flashplayer crashes to. trust me if chrome wasnt faster i wouldnt be using it. il give you the benefit of the doubt. im gonna test them again right now.

7. jayd thread starter macrumors member

Chundles, i just tested them again and im not joking with you when i tell you that chrome is 5 times faster than safari. pages that safari takes 5 seconds total to load all the info takes chrome 1 second. chrome puts everyone to shame. lol!! i can wait for the final release.

8. jayd thread starter macrumors member

tell you the truth the more i test them the faster safari is getting for some reason. it seems like there pretty close. thats weird.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Here I present to you: placebo effect. Class, please submit a short paper on the subject, by Friday.

10. jayd thread starter macrumors member

lol!! im stickin to my guns. chrome is a little bit faster most definitely. this is only the beta also.

11. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

12. jayd thread starter macrumors member

i dont know what that means but i left a comment after that article. they got it so wrong. chromes the fastest. i think those people are getting paid to post false info