wheres facetime hd and imessage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salacious, Oct 31, 2011.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

sorry just got my 4s today, iv activated them both but cant find the apps anywhere? im baffed? any answers please, and i realise i may be awaiting a *facepalm*

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

Facetime works only on wifi, just look for a contact who has a Facetime abled device and click facetime.

As for imessage, make sure it is set to ON in your settings and just text whoever has a ios5 device and your messages should be in BLUE (rather than the usual green)

Its not like BBM where you have a list of contacts unfortunately7

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Facetime is not a separate app as on the ipad; it's either via the Contact or from the Phone dialer (look up a contact and select Facetime or add a facetime call to a contact as a Favorite)

iMessage is integrated in the Message app; messages will go via SMS or iMessage depending on the recipient and whether you select their phone# or email registered with iMessage.

4. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you sires, i did notice it said facetime, im on my mbp and was like it looks like this app how can i miss it, so its built-in, thanks guys quick easy answers thanks.

5. bigjobby macrumors 65816

If you go into one of your contacts, you can choose whether to FaceTime them or message them. If your contact is also on IOS 5, their name in the 'To:' field will appear blue indicating the message will be sent as an iMessage otherwise it'll be green which will indicate that the message will be sent as a normal SMS text. See Apple support pages or google for further info.