Where's HD video on IOS ?? Gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by macness, Sep 27, 2013.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Hey guys. I am a long time apple user. Recently I experimented with the Note 2 and came running back. The only thing I miss is the ability to choose the video quality. Why is the video quality on iOS so poor? Even watching YouTube videos on sites like iMore. There is no option to choose 720 or 1080.. Why is this? Even on the YouTube app. Why is it so hard to watch 720 or 1080 videos on my iPhone

Ps. I have an iphone 5 running iOS 7

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

It depends on which kind of network you are on. If you are using 3G, then the video quality is poor. On Wifi the quality is much better.

Maybe some other youtube apps has the ability to select which quality you want to watch it at.

3. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Thank Google for low video quality in Youtube app for iOS. When you're not on wi-fi, youtube automatically loads lower quality videos (It doesn't matter if you're on fast 3G or LTE network, which are actually faster than majority of wi-fi connections). When you're on wi-fi, it will load "high quality"480p (or something around that) video, which looks better.

If you want to watch HD youtube videos, download McTube, which allows you to change quality to which ever you want (up to 1080p), and set a default resolution. :)

Here you go:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mctube-for-youtube/id652124176?mt=8

4. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Use MacTube Pro...way way better than YouTube app. Supports 1080p.

5. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness