Wheres iCloud Drive

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Beligerent, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Beligerent macrumors regular

Beligerent

I guess Im confused about iCloud Drive. I have iOS8 on my 4S and I have Yosemite Beta 3 . I have iCloud drive in the finder on Yosemite but how do you access those files on the iPhone? does the document picker only come up at certain times? I was hoping for a dropbox still experience where the iPhone would have a file management system accessible to the user.

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

You can't. Apple purposely did this. You're only hope is through a 3rd party app that can access files on your iCloud Drive.

3. Woodlandstar macrumors member

I have iCloud Drive setup on my PC, can add files download etc, works great.
    Yet on my iPhone i see no evidence of it anywhere other than in settings.
    I have Numbers and Pages, yet no trace of iCloud Drive.
    More ridiculous is that I can see my Pages and Numbers files on my PC iCloud Drive, yet on iPhone each app shows zero files!
    After all those Apple vs PC commercials I'm completely astounded that my PC is managing my iOS documents better than my iOS device!

----------

Actually I've just discovered that my iMovie app has access to iCloud Drive, I can get the documents to show up.
    Did they disable it in Pages and Numbers then?

4. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I would imagine it will all be working a bit better in a month or so. I don't have any inside info on this one, but i'd guess it just wasn't ready by the time GM had to be pushed to the servers. Better to miss the release date than to have a few killer bugs that cause people to lose their data!