Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curtneedsaride

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I know you can pay $25/year to have access to your already purchased music to stream on any device... But there currently isn't a way to stream your movies/TV shows. And why not?! VUDU offers free streaming of all of your purchases on their website through any device. AND, I can listen to all my music through Google Music on any device without paying another fee.

So, why is Apple holding back allowing us to stream our purchased content?

We'll be able to see all of it in Music and Videos, but what good is it to look at all of the content that won't fit on your device?

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Are you using ios 7? because it's there. that was one of the things they showed in the keynote. Non downloaded purchased music/movies/tv shows automatically now show up in the music and videos app and you can just hit play

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
Are you using ios 7? because it's there. that was one of the things they showed in the keynote. Non downloaded purchased music/movies/tv shows automatically now show up in the music and videos app and you can just hit play

wait so things I have deleted from my phone will still be there even though I may not want them to be there?

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
You can swipe to delete them individually or there's a setting to hide all non-downloaded purchases

curtneedsaride

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I am not using iOS 7 yet. Still on iOS 6.

But during the Keynote all they said is that all of your iCloud music and videos will be visible when you open the Music and Videos app. They didn't actually say it could be streamed finally, which is what I was waiting for!

So, you've clicked on a movie and streamed it without it actually downloading to your device?!

If so, then I can move on and join some icon complaining or something. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.