Where's me analog clock gone?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gosh, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Gosh macrumors 6502

Just installed Leopard and disaster! I can't find an option for desktop analog clock that I had in Tiger!:confused:

Horrible when you lose somthing. It takes the shine of the the new stuff!:(

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

You mean this?

Attached Files:

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Or this
    Picture 1.png

Edit: But if you meant a floating analog clock then it is third party only now, unfortunately.

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

The previous two posters were pointing out the menubar clock, but I assume you mean the old floating NeXT-style (sorta) desktop clock that took up too much space and got in the way? ;-)

Sorry - it's gone for good. Personally, I don't miss it but I know a few folks who do - the best suggestion I can come up with is go check out a few shareware clock apps on MacUpdate or VersionTracker - I seem to recall seeing a few that could handle desktop clocks.

Alternatively, turn on 'developer mode' in dashboard and drag the dashboard clock (or anther clock - there are a few out there) over to your desktop (click and hold the item, then hit the dashboard hotkey again).

You can turn on dev mode by opening terminal and typing the following followed by hitting the enter key:
    defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES

5. Gosh thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't believe its gone - it was so Leopard! You could make it semi transparent - it was Leopard before Leopard!

And not too big - especially when set to greater transparency!

So this is progress?:(

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well if you look at that link i posted there is one which seems pretty good, simple floating clock. Doesn't behave properly with spaces yet but the guy made it because Leopard lost the clock.

7. Gosh thread starter macrumors 6502

xUKHCx thanks!

not quite the Cartier-like Apple floating clock but pretty darn good!

I know what you're thinking - OCD! Yeap!

Happy now!:)