wheres my backup? (MODS CAN CLOSE)

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
i had to restore my phone.. and i watied 2 hours for my phone to backup and now when itunes asked me if i want to restore from a backup, and the one i just did isnt there..

where is it?
any way to force it.. or find the file in finder?

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
okay my backup i wanted to use is showing up in itunes.. but it doesnt make my iPhone show the normal restore in progress ( or whatever the phone shows when it is being restored from backup )

and the bar in itunes just keeps moving and nothing happens. ive retried this process 3 times and still wont work

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008
and the bar in itunes just keeps moving and nothing happens. ive retried this process 3 times and still wont work
It usually does that for a while before it starts actually restoring. As if it is checking with the phone to see what needs to be restored.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
okay my backup i wanted to use is showing up in itunes.. but it doesnt make my iPhone show the normal restore in progress ( or whatever the phone shows when it is being restored from backup )

I had the same problem restoring the other day - it took a long time for the progress bar to appear. After about 30 minutes, it got very close to the end and stopped, so I rebooted the iPhone after waiting another 10 minutes. Finally, after multiple attempts, I decided to just let it go. Came back a few hours later and it was done.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
okay so after numerous tries.. i finally got it working.. i pwned the phone after trying.. ( i tried quickpwn but didnt help... but i used pwnage and restored from a custom ipsw and now im restoring from backup) its halfway done :)

update: im now putting my music back on.. and itunes shows the songs getting copied, but my phone doesnt say a sync is in progress.. its been 5 mins already and itunes claims 219 songs have been copied