Where's my best bet on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrat93, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I have class until 3:30, and the earliest I can get to an Apple store would be around 4:15. If the line is anything like last year, I'll only be able to get the high-end 4G models, which I don't want. Would a local Target or Best Buy be better? I could get there at around 4:00. This is all of course assuming it goes on sale at 6PM everywhere. Any advice? Thanks.

2. phillyred79 macrumors regular

Apple Store- they usually have a ton of stock. You might not get the exact model you want, but buy one and exchange it a few days later when they get more in of what you want. Best Buy will definitely get a bunch, but my experience in the past tells me they sell out on launch day usually by mid day. Target will be even worse as far as stock and selection.

3. Achtung(Baby) macrumors member

I'm going to try Best Buy Friday morning mainly because that's really my only option.

4. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'd say it greatly depends on where you live. If you are in a metropolitan area, I would guess that the lines at the Apple Stores will be pretty huge. I would actually try to find a Best Buy or Target on the outskirts of the city that will have them on launch. Make sure they will carry them though. Good luck.

5. Achtung(Baby) macrumors member

If I'm there by the time it opens I should be fine right? I live an hour and a half away so thats the only problem.

6. JeffMorse macrumors regular

I lined up a few hours early last year at my local Apple Store. By the time I got my chance to get one everything was sold out except the 64 white verizon option.

7. phillyred79 macrumors regular

Yeah, I would say any of them really.. About an hour to an hour an a half for sure if going to an Apple Store. As others have suggested, definitely call BB or Target the night before to make sure they are getting some- they usually won't have exact numbers or being able to tell you the models available though. In the past they seem to get most sizes of the wifi-only model, but color options are limited.. The 4G LTE models may be a complete crapshoot.