Where's my keyboard gone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bulie, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Bulie macrumors newbie

I'm trying to write an email on my ipod touch, I can put in the name of the recipient and the title but when i go into the main section of the email my keyboard doesn't appear any help please. (not sure if it's related but I did an upgrade with safari yesterday)?

2. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Explain that a little more - what/how did you update 'with Safari'?

3. Bulie thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry not very techno, I connected my ipod to itunes on my laptop and it told me upgrades were available one of which was safari which it loaded onto my laptop (never had it on there before) my ipod has also been freezing up a bit recently

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

An update to Safari on your computer should not have any effect whatsoever on the Mail app on your iPod. What version of the iPhone OS are you running on your iPod touch, 3.1.3 came out just a few days ago, have you updated it? Does the keyboard work in other apps like Notes, Contacts, Calendars? Safari on the iPod touch? Try restarting the iPod touch, hold the sleep/wake button and sliding your finger to turn it off, turn it back on and see if there's any difference. If all else fails you should probably restore the iPod.