Wheres my remote?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macs4u, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Macs4u macrumors regular

Hi,

Just bought a new macbook from Comet in the UK. It doesnt come with an apple front row remote. Is it supposed to have one or not?

If not can i buy one and it will work or does it have to be programmed to my particular macbook?

Matt

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

No - it doesn't ship with the remote now (since the last processor upgrade about 3/4 months ago).

£19 from Apple or less than half of that from eBay.

Any new Apple remote will operate your MacBook - you can pair the remote to your Mac but you don't need to (unless you have a room full of MacBooks and then it is different).

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The MacBooks and MacBook Pro don't come with a remote. You can buy one and it will work out of the box. You can choose to pair it with your machine so that it won't work with any other machine.

4. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

OP, looks like you kinda got Steved, lol.

You can buy one from Apple. It will work right away but as others have mentioned it's a good idea to pair the device (check out apple.com help for specific instructions) so that your remote doesn't mess around w/ other devices.

5. franzmueller macrumors regular

I paid ( here in Spain ) the same for my Ibook G3 700 MHz back then in 2003 what I paid some weeks ago for my Macbook 2,2 GHz

SO yeah .... Apple has to save somewhere ...

Saludos

6. illidian macrumors 6502

Y'see, it's kind of like how the 3G iPhone no longer contains a dock. :apple:

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah they stopped including wall chargers on iPods since the 4th Gen, the iPhone wall block looks like crap, and I wouldn't be surprised if Apple only sold computer chargers with rabbit ear and not the longer 3-prong extension (sold separately).