Where's my screen cleaner cloth!!!!!??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stevelaw, Nov 19, 2010.

1. stevelaw macrumors member

Got my new MBA today. Opened the "designed in california" package. Plenty of Apple decal and instructions I don't need, but no nice black microfiber screen cleaner cloth.

Steve - yer gettin' cheap on us!!!!!!!!

2. KPOM macrumors G5

They did a bit of decontenting, to be sure (no microfiber cloth, backlit keyboard, ambient light sensor, or infrared). That said, the microfiber cloth is about $2 at any drug store.

3. LinkMx macrumors member

I think they only ship microfiber cloths with the glass screen macs (macbook pro, imac, cinema display, etc).

4. MrMacNasty macrumors member

Who cares? I go through microfiber clothes like they are tissues.

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

How? Mine last me months...

6. Dias macrumors 6502

I had it with my MBP '09, when did Apple start to provide MB's without it?

7. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I've had mine for years. You can wash them & dry them and they are as good as new. Buy a decent one (the apple ones are pretty skimpy) and it will last you years.

8. MrMacNasty macrumors member

They get dirty, then lost, then I buy new ones. Maybe I'll eventually find the old ones then rinse, wash, and repeat. Point being, who cares whether they include a cheap microfiber cloth or not, as they weren't good quality to begin with and did nowhere near as good of a job at cleaning than higher quality microfiber clothes that you have to buy on your own.

9. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Yeah, I've been using the same microfiber cloth for at least 6 months. I ran it through the washer and dryer again yesterday. At this rate, I'll lose it before I wear it out.

10. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

Ugh me too. I am addicted to those things. I wipe down my iDevices and Macbook daily. :p

11. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

First, microfiber cloths look brand new again after they are washed and dried. I wash mine frequently. Second, if a word of advice could be accepted in the spirit in which it is given, top posting is regarded as bad form here and most other places that I know about. That's why virtually all of the posts you see here put quoted material at the top and the poster's response below it.

12. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

I've got it: they sent it to me by mistake. ;)