Where's the bleeping remote app?!!!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Edd.Dantes, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Edd.Dantes macrumors 6502

I am going to call tech support and if they cannot convince me that a new remote app
    is coming, I'll be getting an RMA.

Even Siri doesn't dictate letters and numbers to bridge the keyboard issue.

This is worse than the wholly useless Apple Watch.

Why does Apple continue to slide into useless oblivion?

No one here can defend their lack of a remote app. If you try, it means you have zero services (Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, etc.) and only want to look at screensavers.

Where is this company going?!

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I'm leaning more towards they are working on updating it to support the new features (i.e., Siri), hopefully with an updated Apple Watch app as well. I haven't seen a single good reason for Apple to completely drop the Remote app for the new ATV (the ridiculous conspiracy theories posted on this forum are just that, ridiculous).

Typing in my passwords for the several services I use was a bit of a pain, but I only had to do it once so I didn't see what the big deal was.

And I love my Apple Watch :D

3. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Not sure how complex your passwords are but it is a pain to type with the remote. Yes initial setup is the worse part but I want the option when buying app to use my phone doe typing and my watch for navigation for convenience.

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Most of the things I had to activate had me go to a website and put in a code.

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

YouTube was the only one I had to do that with so far. It is a decent alternative to typing with that remote.

6. seadragon Contributor

I want to be able to type into search boxes in YouTube and Netflix. We need a keyboard option. The "hunt and peck" method of data entry completely sucks. I feel it's a step backwards.

I do believe that Apple will remedy this with an update. Just my gut feeling.