Where's the bleeping remote app?!!!

Edd.Dantes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I am going to call tech support and if they cannot convince me that a new remote app
is coming, I'll be getting an RMA.

Even Siri doesn't dictate letters and numbers to bridge the keyboard issue.

This is worse than the wholly useless Apple Watch.

Why does Apple continue to slide into useless oblivion?

No one here can defend their lack of a remote app. If you try, it means you have zero services (Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, etc.) and only want to look at screensavers.

Where is this company going?!

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
I'm leaning more towards they are working on updating it to support the new features (i.e., Siri), hopefully with an updated Apple Watch app as well. I haven't seen a single good reason for Apple to completely drop the Remote app for the new ATV (the ridiculous conspiracy theories posted on this forum are just that, ridiculous).

Typing in my passwords for the several services I use was a bit of a pain, but I only had to do it once so I didn't see what the big deal was.

And I love my Apple Watch :D

Reactions: jbachandouris

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I'm leaning more towards they are working on updating it to support the new features (i.e., Siri), hopefully with an updated Apple Watch app as well. I haven't seen a single good reason for Apple to completely drop the Remote app for the new ATV (the ridiculous conspiracy theories posted on this forum are just that, ridiculous).

Typing in my passwords for the several services I use was a bit of a pain, but I only had to do it once so I didn't see what the big deal was.

And I love my Apple Watch :D
Not sure how complex your passwords are but it is a pain to type with the remote. Yes initial setup is the worse part but I want the option when buying app to use my phone doe typing and my watch for navigation for convenience.

Reactions: seadragon

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
I want to be able to type into search boxes in YouTube and Netflix. We need a keyboard option. The "hunt and peck" method of data entry completely sucks. I feel it's a step backwards.

I do believe that Apple will remedy this with an update. Just my gut feeling.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy