where's the business in the appstore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by txr0ckabilly, Jul 10, 2008.

1. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

i like the little apps we have in the store now for leisure but i was really expecting more real productivity and business tools.

i only have so much time at work to piss away playing texas hold-'em, monkey ball, check twitter and myspace, etc.

i kind of thought that apple was trying to gear this iteration of the iphone more towards the business and enterprise part of the "smart phone" crowd.

am i just seeing the beginning? do we have some support for spreadsheets, flow charts, document readers, etc. coming?

some kind of remote desktop would be nice, no matter how simple.

i think i was just expecting more than games, social networking, an abacus, and whatever else we have right now.

don't get me wrong i do like these little diversions from work but the boss is getting a little mad at my time allotment spent around the iphone right now.

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I have a feeling the type of apps you are looking for are coming. Those take longer to develop, just give it time.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

4. txr0ckabilly thread starter macrumors 6502

i know, i know

i'm not a programmer, so i guess i just don think about how long it takes to develop more complex applications. i always feel like they can just be ported from one platform to another.

just a bit let down is all, i had a little too high of hopes for the launch.

5. blorenz macrumors newbie

6. loujob macrumors newbie

same. they had a lot of time. They could have started on the jailbroken phone's like apple was telling other companies as well.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

As others have said, it's the first day.

Maybe you should play around with the SDK and see if you can whip one up?