Wheres the cold weather in the NE?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iOrlando, Nov 24, 2009.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2008
    totally sucks. I was looking at weather forecasts for the northeast and its still so warm (from a historical viewpoint). I care because I snowboard. It didnt look like any resorts were open and i remember I managed to get some boarding in on black friday last year.

Weather forecasts still suck at least until mid-December too. I know they need low 20s to make the stuff, but I just dont see many consecutive nights with those temps.

When is the latest that resorts opened up in the NE?
  2. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Its wonderfully mild up here. Can't say I'm disappointed since I HATE the cold anyways. I completed a nice little run before work and it was in the mid-40s.

Thank you global warming :)
  3. zioxide macrumors 603

Dec 11, 2006
    Our weather is way too hard to predict. It snowed in the middle of October, but lately it's been warm. All of a sudden, it's just going to get cold. It's mild now so we're probably in for a bad winter.
  4. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Sep 25, 2007
    Upstate NY
    Its warm / chilly, and we're supposed to get some wetness later on around Friday and early Saturday.

If your a snowboarder than I'd suggest going to Utah, and Colorado, or wait till February when we may have some snow on the ground. Personally I'd take a mild dry winter over snow and rain any day
  5. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    Usually the first real snow in the northeast happens mid December.

This new england and the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather wait a day".
  6. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Mar 30, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I am in Connecticut visiting my wife's family for Thanksgiving and I noticed that the weather is very mild here as well. It was pretty overcast all day long but the temperature was just O.K. with me. I think it is going to be in the 50's on Thanksgiving so maybe the cold will come after I leave.