Wheres the cold weather in the NE?

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
totally sucks. I was looking at weather forecasts for the northeast and its still so warm (from a historical viewpoint). I care because I snowboard. It didnt look like any resorts were open and i remember I managed to get some boarding in on black friday last year.

Weather forecasts still suck at least until mid-December too. I know they need low 20s to make the stuff, but I just dont see many consecutive nights with those temps.

When is the latest that resorts opened up in the NE?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Its wonderfully mild up here. Can't say I'm disappointed since I HATE the cold anyways. I completed a nice little run before work and it was in the mid-40s.

Thank you global warming :)

Comment

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Our weather is way too hard to predict. It snowed in the middle of October, but lately it's been warm. All of a sudden, it's just going to get cold. It's mild now so we're probably in for a bad winter.

Comment

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
totally sucks. I was looking at weather forecasts for the northeast and its still so warm (from a historical viewpoint). I care because I snowboard. It didnt look like any resorts were open and i remember I managed to get some boarding in on black friday last year.

Weather forecasts still suck at least until mid-December too. I know they need low 20s to make the stuff, but I just dont see many consecutive nights with those temps.

When is the latest that resorts opened up in the NE?
Its warm / chilly, and we're supposed to get some wetness later on around Friday and early Saturday.

If your a snowboarder than I'd suggest going to Utah, and Colorado, or wait till February when we may have some snow on the ground. Personally I'd take a mild dry winter over snow and rain any day

Comment

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Usually the first real snow in the northeast happens mid December.

This new england and the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather wait a day".

Comment

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
I am in Connecticut visiting my wife's family for Thanksgiving and I noticed that the weather is very mild here as well. It was pretty overcast all day long but the temperature was just O.K. with me. I think it is going to be in the 50's on Thanksgiving so maybe the cold will come after I leave.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.