Where's the iPhone Starbucks ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imolaragazzo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. imolaragazzo macrumors newbie

Anybody else remember this app where you could order your drinks from your iPhone? Whatever happened to that, is it anywhere in the app store?

2. jakeacc macrumors regular

The Starbucks App is only activated and appears on your Home screen when your iPhone is in range of a Starbucks Wifi connection. I know that it includes the ability to download the song that is currently playing over the Starbucks speaker system, but I don't know if they've officially rolled out the "order a drink via iPhone" feature.

3. pfish macrumors member

So your saying it's included in the base firmware and will show up when you connect to a Starbucks 802.11 network?

4. wronski macrumors 6502

The application that allows you to order drinks on the iPhone at Starbucks is a mythical thing created by a designer as a mock up. Are you really that antisocial?

5. ApplEngineer macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure what the op is referring to is a mock up made by someone, there is no actual starbucks ordering app. This one: http://www.genoco.com/link/interactive_iphone+starbucks.html

6. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Think Starbucks dropped the song buying option in stores too as no one ever seemed to use it

7. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

Exactly!

You wanna use your iPhone to order a drink at Starbucks? How about you go inside, find a place to sit, then whip out your snazzy iPhone and call the guy at the counter 15 feet away. Proceed to order your drink as the awesomeness of the iPhone envelops your current state of being. Win.

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I thought people were kidding when this rumor came out

I will stick to ordering in person

9. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

I think that this would speed up the ordering line. It has the option of choosing a bar code and the cashier would just scan it and ask you for the amount. It's good for business people that needs to go quickly.

10. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I am pretty sure they continue to sell the currently playing songs in Starbucks, I purchased one less than a month ago. I think you are referring to the story about Starbucks discontinuing music sales (ie CD's) in store. WIFI music was not included.

11. jakeacc macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can still purchase Starbucks songs when your iPhone is connected to the Starbucks WiFi network. I was browsing ATT or Apple's website 2 days ago, and it had a list of iPhone features and displayed the Starbucks logo

12. southyde4eva macrumors newbie

Was the bolded part really necessary in this thread? The OP asked a simple question. Who's to say he wasn't asking just to get a chance to check the app out? I know I've got a bunch of apps that I've installed just to see what they're about. The majority of them will be deleted in about a week. Regarding the Starbucks app, I'll probably stick to ordering in person myself, but if the mockup becomes a real app, I'll download it to check it out. It just looked pretty neat. No reason to pre-judge because of that.

I just saw no reason to go there. :rolleyes: